Monday, July 16, 2012

Housing Crisis Averted (Mostly)

I'm happy to report that late last week my brother and I signed the lease for our new, hopefully bed-bug free apartment.  Alas, after three months of searching, we've finally found a place to live for next year.  The only downside is that the lease doesn't start until September 1st, meaning we're out of luck for the next six weeks or so.  But at least I no longer have to spend my days trolling Craigslist postings and emailing unhelpful landlords.  And my brother promises the wait will be worth it.  (That's right, I've yet to see the inside of our new home -- a fact that I've made well known absolves me from all blame in the event things go terribly wrong.) 


So until I start work -- which is in three weeks apparently -- it's early morning Mill St. lagers and extremely lazy days for me -- all of which I've convinced myself are well deserved notwithstanding the fact that, technically, I've been on "vacation" for the past seven months.  Also, I have a mountain to climb at the end of July; at some point I ought to try getting in shape for that.


Happy days on Mt. Shuksan, with Mt. Baker -- our July objective -- in the background.  Photo courtesy of Paul's Facebook.